Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sky and Sophie

I had some interesting company while I was knitting, I’m cat sitting for Sky and Sophie. They are just 4 weeks old and starting to be brave and run around.
.
.
.
Later on today I’m heading to the Common Ground Fair with the girls. It should be a good time. Since it is a fair, it’ll only be cash transactions. So I’m bringing $100 and hoping to have enough self control not to spend it all on yarn. I will need to eat too.
.
.
.
There are now 11 days to go in the 2 random mile challenge. Last night I finished off 9 Berroco Zen, in a lime-green. This was definitely one of the five oldest yarns in my stash. It’s scratchier than I would like but it’s 55% cotton, 45% nylon so a good washing should soften it up. It’s very loose so I may throw it in the dryer as well and hope it’ll shrink up a bit.

.
.
Mileage report: I can’t believe it.

I guess all the charity knitting really blew through a lot of yarn. I’m at 3.5 miles for this month alone!!! So the 2 mile part of the challenge is complete. In terms of the 9 random yarns, I’ve worked with 1 (and I don’t plan to use it all up, it’s a sweater!), I’ve finished off 4 others, I have projects going with 3, and that leaves 1 that I’ve yet to touch! We shall see if I can come up with something for the black sport weight alpaca.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skye and Sophi3 are adorable, oh my goodness those big blue eyes are enough to melt a girl's heart!

Enjoy the MOFGA fair, it's always a good time. AP