Sunday, August 15, 2010

Round 1: Venus 1, Leyfi 0

Just when I feel like I love my new sweater (Blue Blood Leyfi), I’m tired of it. With the upper body and a sleeve complete I’m nearly half done. I’m a third of the way through the second sleeve, with a torso of stockinet to go. I think I fell in love with the sweater (because my favorite model was wearing it) and didn’t stop to think if I wanted to wear a sweater like that. Sure it’ll be great when it’s done and the lace portion has been a lot of fun to knit. But overall I’m not wild about pullovers and I’m even less wild for wide drape sleeves which I completely overlooked in love for the lace (absolutely no fault in the pattern just me being overzealous). I’ll definitely finish the sweater. The sleeve will make for a nice evening of knitting and then the torso will be perfect in public knitting as I knit miles and miles of stockinet. I’m sure I’ll be happy to wear it come fall but right now I’ve just ground to a halt on it.
In it’s place the Venus shawl has reemerged as a front runner for my attention, please note that this is not a sock and neither is the Leyfi sweater. There has been minimal sock action this month and it’s already half over, eeek! Isitt enjoyed modeling the shawl for me.
And now that I’m looking at the pictures I can see that there are two brown squares on one side and none on the other. I’ll have to do something about that on the next row. I’m almost finished the 7th of 11 rows. Each square takes about an hour and I like to do two at a time on a long circular needle.

No comments: