Saturday, June 5, 2010

String Theory

The Boyfriend and I had an adventure this morning. We set the alarm and got up at 6am on a Saturday. By 6:45 we were in the car and I was knitting. The driving rain made it more difficult to hear our words between the bursts of thunder. We were as giddy as two kids who had just snuck out of class. We stopped in Berwick for a Dunkin’ breakfast and headed north. At nine we pulled into the Windsor Fair Grounds and the Maine Fiber Frolic. I pulled on my rain coat and he pulled out the hiking maps to do some research.

I quickly found the String Theory booth and then spent an hour selecting the perfect skeins. Caper sock is a close second favorite yarn (Schaefer Nicole is the first). Caper sock is 80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, and 10% nylon. I selected a sweaters worth of Tavikki –a deep teal color. Skeins of Fusion, Scarlet, Viola, Didgerdoo, and Bimin found their way into my bag.

I raced back to the waiting Boyfriend. We hit the road again heading back home. Still giddy I alternated between sniffs of the new yarn and squeals of glee. The Boyfriend just laughed. If it was closer to my birthday this would’ve been a perfect birthday gift. I tried to convince him that since his birthday is only a month away it should be his. He wasn’t buying it. At noon we returned home to three happy kitties and a bright sunny day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're as bad as I am. Within 40 minutes of the house and you didn't swing by for a quick visit. That's what I call a woman on a mission!

Oh by the way, lovely colors. Can't wait to see what you make with them.