Tuesday, April 8, 2008

March is now April

I know I’ve left you hanging with those burning questions. Will the shop on the way to the Cat Show in Middletown have it?Will our hero finish the hat before Midnight on March 31st?
I did not feel I could address them without photos to accompany my results.

Will the shop on the way to the Cat Show in Middletown have it?
No the Creative Fibers shop did not have Cascade Chunky Alpaca. I was forced to set aside the Chunky-Alpaca-Better-Bucket-Hat.
In it’s place I began the Drops Design 86-10 Headband in Alaska. I’ve knit this pattern before and had packed extra yarn just incase the shop did not have the stuff to finish the hat. I used Knit Picks Andean Silk and knit this while Nessa was busy doing her thing.

Will our hero finish the hat before Midnight on March 31st?

I have succeeded in completing the 5SKSO Challenge. I cast off the headband on Sunday March 30. Monday the 31st I wove in the ends and attached the button.

This brings us to today, already 8 days into April. I’ve been struggling to come up with an April Challenge. I had thought to set the goal of completing the ILV, but the urge to knit something in cotton for summer is too strong. I had thought to work on a secret Christmas gift, something small, requiring almost mass production. I’m being intentionally vague here. Perhaps the challenge should be, complete 20 Super Secret Projects by the end of April. Or perhaps I should be Challenge-less for the month of April. I’d rather not go without as it does give my knitting some direction. I think another mile challenge would be helpful in making room for the inevitable yarn purchase that will result from the April 27th trip to Webs. I could make the mile challenge a quarterly event. January, April, July, & October. That would be 4 miles from Stash in 2009.

The offical count, as of April 1st 2008 is 42.53 miles of yarn. I know it's a bit more because that doesn't count the Chinese yarn that I can't translate, or the Shetland yarns for the ILV. So it’s settled, the April Challenge will be knit a mile in the next 22 days. Can I do it? I did it in January, but I wasn't working the first 14 days of the month. Wish me luck!

No comments: