Saturday, August 7, 2010

Clean car = Rhinebeck Fund

Two hours, a roll of paper towels, and a whole lot of elbow grease will get you a nicely cleaned interior for your car. Typically at least once a year, if not twice a year I have my car detailed inside and out. Each time it costs between $70-$100 depending on where we take it to be detailed. But since The Boyfriend went back to school full time and left the money tree, aka his hateful job that paid him like they knew how awful it was to work there and they were sorry to make him be there, I’ve had doubts as to the necessity of car detailing. October was the last time it was done so things have been going down hill. And if there was any doubt as to the ‘need’ for a good cleaning that was squashed last week. The expression on my young cousin’s face when she opened the door to get into my car told me it was time to clean things up. Granted her father’s favorite pastime is washing the cars, which he does religiously at least once a week nine months out of the year when they aren’t buried under a giant pile of snow. So her expectations may be a bit inflated, but I was starting to feel the grit too.

So long story even longer, I just finished cleaning the inside. And it looks so nice. Tomorrow I’ll hit the carwash for the maximum in washing and waxing and call it good. Yay me! I bet I haven’t cleaned the inside of a car since 2003. Wow did I say that out loud? I think I should be ashamed. But I’m not sure if I am or not. Anyway I vote that the money I’ve saved in detailing should go directly into the Rhinebeck fund.

1 comment:

ajc325 said...

I second that motion.

A padded yarn budget = happiness