Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rhinebeck 2010



Rhinebeck WAS! It is an amazing display of yarn and goodies and a non-stop knitting runway show. I love the fall atmosphere and the fried artichokes! As you can see I did some damage on the stash front.

--Pictured are several colors of Socks That Rock –including two skeins of medium weight for a BSJ,

--Sanguine Gryphon Bugga (20% cashmere fingering weight merino) in the color Cowkiller (no less than a sweaters worth),

--Footnotes Optics and Kashmir for socks and a Christmas shawl, somebody who likes brown better watch out…

--Feederbrook Farm worsted handspun –lime, navy, and plum -120 yards for accent on a hat

--Pinewoods sock yarn, two skeins because she amazes me with her dye application and smooth color transitions

--Briar Rose 4th of July is the green-blue barber pole worsted yarn. Shown in the giant skeins on the right. Another sweaters worth

--Lorna’s laces Sheppard Worsted in Zombie Barbeque. I couldn’t resist the color once I read the name. IT’s the lime, gray, red color way. Another BSJ? A hat for me?

I also picked up the perfect buttons for my Scottish Green hat that I knit in January for Rhinebeck but was unable to find buttons that matched its mix of argyle and sophisticated style.

And who could forget the bummer stickers. The best one is on my fridge “If knitting were exercise, you could bounce a quarter off my ass.”

MMH is pumped to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool this spring. I could definitely be persuaded…

No comments: