Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rhinebeck Here I Come!

I’m not sure where September went but I’m pretty sure October is going there too. Between the start of the busy season at my job and running to the Cat Shows every weekend, I haven’t had a moment to stop and think. I am pleased that the hard work all around has paid off. First Mum and I have been having so much fun together as our Bella excels in the show ring. And this week I was promoted which is a nice pat $$ on the back for all of my efforts. My immediate thought was, ‘great now I can buy more yarn and sweaters!’ As only a true knitter would think. Something about fall makes me want to buy cloths. Perhaps it’s working in retail and hearing all of the seasonal hype. And the chill in the air gets every knitters blood pumping giving their fingers a rush of energy to knit more more more.


Oh and I know just where to buy some yarn!!! Rhinebeck is less than 10 days away!!! Can you believe it? I shouldn’t go without a shopping list. I did that the first year and bought entirely too much lovely sock yarn and nothing else. This year I know to buy some wine, buttons, and artichokes in addition to the mountains of yarn I’m inevitably drawn to.


To start the shopping list… I’ll definitely be coming home with


*Some Heavy Weight Socks that Rock, two skeins per color for some DK weight projects.


*A sweaters worth of something blue or brown,


*A few tempting skeins of sock yarn dyed in a manner that only an indy dyer can.


*And perhaps some Brooks Farm or Briar Rose. I’ve contemplated both in years past but haven’t been able to justify the price. But maybe this year…


Oh and looking at the vendor list I see that Jennie The Potter will be there. After hearing the Knitmore Girls talk about how great her stuff is, I’ll have to spend some time in that booth as well. Ditto on Carolina Homespun and Creatively Dyed Yarns.


And most importantly, fried or frenched artichokes. So yummy! Rhinebeck here I come!!!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Wish I could be there! I'll be thinking of you and will plan for next year! In the meantime, I'll have to start to use some of the yarn I bought there last year! Have fun!

Joan said...

and, congrats on the promo!!