Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Practice Father

May is over. I completed one of the three non sock, sock yarn projects I was working on at the start of the month. It seems so long ago now.

As you would expect I’ve been knitting. I did take a break long enough yesterday to play some Beer Pong. I guess the technical East Coast term for it is Beirut. Either way, it was a fun evening with friends and surprisingly I was much better at it with my hair clipped back and my glasses on. Imagine!

Today Mum and I were working on updating the Curlfect website. No I didn’t link it since the updates have been published yet. We’re actually doing a massive overhaul to the site, about 60 hours of work spread out over a couple weeks with us working on it as much as we can, as fast as we can. I’m proud of how it looks and will be sure to let you know when it’s finished.

Tomorrow is the start of the Socks from the Toe Up KAL over on Ravelry. The KAL stands for Knit A-Long. There are about 800 of us and we are using Wendy Johnson’s new book Socks from the Toe Up and all knitting the same sock each month. This month is the Lacey Rib Sock. I’m anxious to cast on for that using the Panda Silk yarn I’ve attempted to use for 2 other socks but always found the fabric too drapey. Now that I’m ok with knitting with size 0 needles (no longer shaking my fists up and down proclaiming that “I will never use anything smaller than a 2!!!!”) I should be able to create a semi-dense fabric with this yarn. At least it will be a wearable sock.

Aside from that, the month of June seems pretty vacant in terms of challenges. We’re busy every weekend so I’ll need to make portable projects. Perhaps I should work on some Christmas presents, or go for another mile. Those are goals that have worked the best for me. Although June is father’s day. Perhaps I should knit something for my father. I could be a Christmas gift, not necessarily something for Father’s day itself. I think I like this. How about father inspired knitting? How about things that relate to Camping, Dr. Who, Biking/Cycling, Buddhism, Cheeses, X-men, Wide-Mouthed-Frogs, Reading, or Science Fiction, to name a few topics that make me think of him. Of course, female relatives reading this will have to keep it quiet in case I do in fact knit gifts for him.

Yes, it’s decided… June will be the Father Inspired Knitting Month.

No comments: