Friday, June 6, 2008

Socks of Summer

Alright I’ve decided I really want a monthly challenge and extending one month into another is lame. So since I’ve got 3 socks on the needles, and considering it was Mittens in May, it appears it should be socks in June.

I recently picked up Interweave’s Favorite Socks. It’s rare to find a knitting book that you want to knit every pattern from, and this isn’t one of those books. But, Natural Knits for Babies and Moms was the closets I’ve ever come to that. My MIL got this book for me since she loved it so much. I quickly knit 6 of the patterns in that book. I'd guess that's about a quarter of the total patterns.
Now the thought occurs, it would be fun to knit every pattern in a book. And why not this book…Favorite Socks? That’s just 25 socks. I'm already working on one of them.
I’m wondering, could I do 25 socks by the end of the year? Probably not, that’s about a sock a week and considering I’m not an exclusive sock knitter, and for heavens sake, I'm only just now working on my second and third pairs. I knit about a sock every two weeks, perhaps over an entire year long challenge of knitting everything in this book by next June would be fun. So for now, I will embark on Socks of Summer and attempt to knit 3 pairs this month. And consider doing a Year of Favorite Socks.

No comments: