Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life as a Samurai


Day 14 of the cold and I’m still raspy. Fortunately, every day is better than the day before. I caught the cold from a co-worker and both Julie and I came down with it at the same time. But neither of them have the lovely smokers voice that I do, same cough though. I’m wondering if this is a sign that when I’m older I’m going to be like my Grandmother and Aunt who have frequent laryngitis. Can you imagine a Samurai with so much to say and unable to say any of it?!?! Oh nose!!!!

This past week the Seacoast Knitters had the St. Patrick’s day swap. As you can see, fingerless mitts were the hot item.
I’ve been knitting like a fiend to try and make a birthday deadline on a pair of socks. It’s so nice to knit for someone with the same size feet as myself. I can keep trying them on to be certain that they’ll fit her. These are the Staccato Socks by Veronik Avery. It’s a great two row pattern. I think it would be better highlighted with yarn that is more variegated, maybe a 5 or 6 color sock yarn instead of the 2. It’s lovely none the less.

Tonight The Boyfriend is out and I’ll be eating Pad Thai, watching Law & Order SVU and knitting til my hearts content, or I get sleepy, whichever comes first.
Oh and FYI I'm at 782 yards knit this month. Another 1,000 and I'll make my mile. Yeah...if I stopped working and knit for 8 hours a day for the rest of the month, maybe I'd make it.

1 comment:

WickedPyssa said...

No real comment about the post but about the Rhinebeck savings counter....


~~ I WANT ONE TOO! ~~