Wednesday, June 24, 2009

4th Pair

Today I finished Birthday socks for a knitter’s 30th birthday this weekend. While they’re not my best work, she’ll appreciate them. They are my 4th pair in the 52 Pair Plunge. OK I didn’t want to bring it up, and jinx myself but it’s week 4 and I just finished my 4th pair. Do you know what this means? I’m on track to really do this. I signed up thinking it would be a fun little challenge that I’d never meet but at least it would get me to knit a few more pairs of socks. Cause you know I need help with that. Ha!


I find that it’s encouraging me to think of others. With 52 pairs in the mix, I certainly don’t need them all for me! I know I might get off the sock kick someday, and a surplus now will keep my feet cozy in the future if that does happen.


Another incentive for thinking of others is the fact that nearly everyone else I know has smaller feet than me. Isn’t that great?


Isitt, Linus, & MacOban are doing well. As you can see, they are in desperate need of a new cat bed. Usually they alternate who gets to sleep in it as it really doesn’t fit all three of them very well. Linus and Isitt seem to spend the most time in it with Mac sitting over with me. That’s alright with me since he’s usually the standoffish cat.





1 comment:

Shary said...

That has to be the sweetest picture of the kids. Have they bonded as much as it looks like or was Isitt just the last one in so it became pig pile on Linus? How do you refer to the three of them now that there's a girl in the mix? No longer can we say "the boys".