Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wait, is that rain I see?

It’s another rainy day here in Seattle…oh wait no I live in New England but man it sure feels like Seattle. In the past 6 weeks (42 days) I would be willing to bet a sizable amount of money, that it has been sunny no more than 5 days. That’s 12%. That’s ridiculous for late spring in NE. Besides rain, what’s been happening?


Well I finished the iTardis: Ipod cozy. I’m now in the habit of picking up my ipod and whishing it around the house informing anyone that’ll listen that the Ipod like the Tardis is indeed larger on the inside than the outside. That’s the end of my father inspired knitting for this month. The helmet earwarmers are a great idea but not with this yarn. I’ll be ripping them and re-knitting them for Christmas I think.


Next month’s Socks From The Toe Up Knit Along will see me knitting these lovely socks. I’m using the Caper yarn from String Theory that I got at the Maine Fiber Frolic a few weeks back. It had been resting a top the TV (really more of a decoration than an appliance since we canceled cable), along with several other remarkable skeins of sock yarn.

But yesterday I became overwhelmed and skeined for a couple hours, skeined until almost all the sock yarn that wasn’t caked before became a nice compact cake of yarny deliciousness. The Communicator did voice some concern that that much skeining may cause Skeiner’s Elbow and I should be careful. Luckily no damage.

I’ve been listening to the book Bloodsucking Fiend by Christopher Moore. It’s hilarious. Another great recommendation from Meow Meow Head. She's like my own personal NY Times best sellers list.



Since the contest seems to have stumpped you, I'll give you a hint. Elijah Wood.

1 comment:

Artifax said...

Oh, oh, oh! OMG, I think I have it!

Is it Gandalf from "LOTR:Fellowship of the Ring"?

You wouldn't believe how many hours I've spent thinking about this! But I adore a good puzzle, almost as much as I like Dr Who and LOTR :D

Isitt is sure a cutie! I love the photo of the three of them all curled in the cat bed!