Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Mocha Squirrel


“Yeah, Hi. I’ll have a large iced mocha squirrel with skim milk, please…”

While driving home today The Boyfriend ordered me a mocha squirrel instead of a mocha swirl latte. Champ, I think I ate your chocolate squirrel.

I also finished my lace shawl! A week and it’s done. I’m not sure it’ll be the 50” in length but maybe after I block it. Sometimes my color and pattern sense come into conflict, or at least my desire to knit with a yarn and a pattern out weigh my common sense about color variegation and intricate patterns. See my first lace shawl as a prime example. Love the Socks That Rock colorway, pirate booty but it completely distracts from the stitch details of the lace, spring bandits. C’est La Vie! As Dad would say, maybe next will be the time I remember this lesson.

Speaking of Dad…Check out the Knitted Christmas gift recipients

Socks Socks Socks and a Hat.


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

We had a brilliant Christmas. As always Mum is a hosting genius. We stayed for a week and felt welcomed and at home the entire time. Even when the kittens were bouncing around on us as we slept, we felt like we belonged there. The extended family gathering was fun, not as fun as the cocktail dress but that might have been an unmatchable high point. We tried out the game Apples to Apples which had us calling bottled water chewy and boyfriends untrustworthy (yes The Boyfriend did take slight offense to this). Christmas with the in-laws wasn’t long enough but as compensation there was a very tasty vegetarian pot pie and mountains of yarn. And lastly we rounded out the holiday week with a visit to AP. It was great to be with my extended family for so long and truly enjoy the time with family who are also friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your very nice comments. We too had a wonderful time and enjoyed having you with us for so long. It was great! Glad the kittens jumping on you at night was not too much! The house is very quiet without you. A HUGE thank you for our wonderful socks. I absolutely LOVE mine. You outdid yourself for dad and I. Love Ya

Meecoux said...

Can't wait to see what you can do with Lace! I am finding I have minimal attention span for lace or complicated lace but I keep trying!