Monday, December 14, 2009

Secret Santa!? Really?

My department is doing a Secret Santa exchange this week. Something every day leading up to breakfast and the big reveal. Last night I laid out all of the treats I’ve picked up over the last week making sure that I have chocolate/candy and some sort of goodie for each day. Nothing cheesy, nothing useless.
This morning I wasn’t the only with the idea of arriving early and delivering the goods. When my recipient opened mine it was a success. Later in the morning I went to the bathroom and came back to find a fake cockroach on my chair. Oh that’s nice! There was a cockroach incident in the dorms while I was in college that prevented me from sleeping well for about a month. So now here’s this plastic one, all to realistic if you ask me, that I need to move to sit in my chair. I Just threw it in the trash and didn’t acknowledge it to my coworkers. Now I’m twitchy and itchy all over. Who thinks that’s what santa would give!!! Honestly? This isn’t April fools. And now I’m dreading the rest of the week.

Later…I discovered a dove Christmas ornament had been hung in my cube. It’s very nice, but it doesn’t make up for my scare at seeing the fake bug!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I don't know if you saw my message on ravelry, but I want to buy this yarn from you for my friend in Australia: http://www.ravelry.com/people/KnittingSamurai/stash/merino-worsted-7
I once shipped to Australia and it only cost $6.48. A normal package in the US costs $3. I am willing to pay the extra. Sorry to be persistent, but she needs the yarn ASAP.
Please let me know, and I hope you get better secret santa presents as the week progresses. The dove sounds pretty cute, though!