Sunday, March 7, 2010

Alice

Just getting home from Alice and Wonderland and Sushi. The movie was great! I felt like a kid smiling and gasping with excitement as each character appeared on the screen. The Cheshire cat made me giggle every time he was on the screen. We saw it in 3D which was interesting. I’m not sure it’s worth the extra but I did enjoy the giant screen and the closing credits were beautiful. The queens reminded me of Queens Mary and Elizabeth. I wonder if it’s a subconscious link between red queen and Bloody Mary. Of course the off with their heads didn’t hinder the association. And for some reason Johnny has a Scottish accent. Which made me wonder about some sort of Scottish uprising during the transition from Mary to Elizabeth. I’m sure that was not what Tim Burton intended but that’s where my head went.

Side note, the March Hare is completely adorable in a pitiably funny way. And yes I agree with the Times that Alice did looked washed out and tired but I thought the young lady did an excellent job considering who she was acting with. All in all I’d give it two thumbs up. Visually stunning with a simple sweetness.

No comments: