Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Again

Here it is Friday again. Did I tell you that the yarn I ordered on Friday morning arrived Monday night? Shipping was free and the turn around time was amazing! Thank you Webs!



The colors look good. Well the Navy looks good (not so much the royal blue) and 3 out of 4 of the greens look good. I bought extra green colors and an extra navy just to be sure I would have enough choice once I saw the yarn in person so I should be ok. I’ve been so busy I haven’t had a chance to sit down and do a swatch to see how the colors work together. I’m thinking I should just jump in and start with the sleeves so I don’t feel like I’m knitting for no reason.



I wore my favorite sweater yesterday. It’s an angora wool blend in creamy grey. It is a cropped swing coat styling with three quart length sleeves. The closure is two buttons on a stiff turtleneck style collar. Oh and the detail that makes it special are the pleats around the collar at the chest. It’s lovely and it’s warm and I feel sophisticated when I wear it. Can you guess where I’m going? I’m going to measure out the back panel and see if there is any shaping. I think the neck pleats do the majority of the work, in which case it would be just 3 rectangles and sleeves. And I could knit the body in the round and steek it to make it even more mindless knitting. Hello, dark purple heather Ultra Alpaca yarn, yes you are now on deck.



And lastly, there was a hair change this week. I’m thrilled with it. And I definitely have short hair now. No doubt about it!

No comments: