Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Manwell

I bet you don’t know what these are. They are CO2 cartridges for my Seltzer Machine.

I have to tell you that this one of my favorite inventions. You pour water in a bottle, screw it onto the machine with or without soda mix, and press the button a few times. And in 30 seconds you have seltzer or soda or carbonated Chrystal Light, whatever you like.

No plastic bottles for the landfill. No gas consumed as the usual bottles of soda are trucked into your local grocery. No late night trips to the kitchen to find that The Boyfriend has finished off all the cola. It’s always here, it’s always cold and it’s a lot cheaper. I love it!! Mine is a Sodastream but I’m sure there are kinds of soda machines out there.
.
.
What’s that, you think I should continue on with the April Apparel Aspiration? Funny, I do too.
Only I’m redirecting my goal from a sweater for myself, to designing a dog sweater for Manwell, a friend’s Yorky. I’m using J.Knits (of course) Superwashme Sock yarn in color Mesa which is a lovely purple, navy, fuchsia, denim, red color. Ok so it’s not the most masculine color but Manwell can handle it. This weekend Mac was gracious enough to model it for me.
.
.
.
.
Progress has been made on the Starling socks that Callie and I showed you last weekend. I’ve turned the heel on the first sock, and am about 5” into the foot of the second. Although this still isn’t as far as I was before I ripped back. I love the stripes. There is something about this color that makes everyone who sees it smile. Even my Dad likes them. Too bad, y’all they’re short socks for me for the spring!

.

.

.

And this lovely piece of Faux-Enterlac is what I’m calling the big sock. It’s designed using chunky yarn, knit on size 10.5 US needles. It literally took me 4 hours to make one. I think they’ll make for a great gift pattern, fun, quick and very usable for those who aren’t wild about regular hand-knit socks. House socks!

So there you have it, what’s been on the sticks and on my mind! Happy Sunday!