Tuesday, May 25, 2010

KIDS!!! IT'S HOT!

Kids it’s hot!

When did this happen? Is this global warming? Should I be concerned?

I am concerned, concerned about how uncomfortable the heat is. I don’t want to do anything except sleep. It’s a humid 89 degrees here today. So glad I was at work. I came home and found The Boyfriend in a puddle on the floor. The heat melted him. Isitt is gulping down water by the gallon. Mac’s normally lustrous coat looks mangy and clumpy. And Linus doesn’t even have the energy to ask me for treats.

I certainly hope the rest of the summer isn’t like this.

.

.

This past weekend I was working on the Transverse Cardigan. I split off for the collar and just finished the neck decreases and was about to start the 3” of garter that make up the edging/button band, when I realized I’d been following the wrong size instructions. I’m at the right width now without the additional 3”. And those 3” make the design. I put the sweater in time out, giving myself some time to think of a solution.

.

.

.

I moved on to the X-Files socks. Finished the first sock. Started the second and for the life of me couldn’t remember the pattern. Rather than guessing I put that aside.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Later that day (Sunday wasn’t a great day for knitting for me). I picked up the super ugly socks and finished the first sock. Great those were finished but they are so hard on the eyes I’m not sure I should make the second. Who would wear these?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
Moving onto the Norwegian Rose Socks. I was up to turning the heel. I decided to follow the pattern which includes a modified short row heel and mini heel flap. I turned the whole thing and realized thata 46 stitch heel is too big. Rip Rip Rip and then started again. By this time it was 9 and time to go to bed.


Thankfully it’s been a few days. And I haven't had any more "attack knitting". I’ve had time to realize that the Transverse Cardigan neck decreases can be worked at the same time as the garter edging. So I’ll rip that back 3” and try it again. And the Norwegian Rose Socks have one successful heel and a good start on the second sock. So things are looking up. The other two…well they’re still in time out. X-files socks I only knit while watching the show and the ugly ones…it’ll be awhile until I want to look at them again.

No comments: