Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Summer 2010 Interweave -Samurai's take

What's not to love in the new Summer 2010 Interweave Knits?

Seriously, I'm ready to cast on for all of these!

Jail Cardigan by Pam Powers...love the drape around the collar. If not this sweater, then definitely taking that collar design for something else.


Persephone Shell by Lien Ngo…this is love at first sight. Give me that outfit immediately! Of course I’m much bustier than the model but the two tone sleeveless blows me away. Great way to use up relatively small amounts of yarn. If I knit it, will they send me a cute plaid top for layering?



Empyrean Tunic By Anne Kuo Lukito is another one that gets me with the ensemble. I’m not big on dresses but this looks stunning together. If I only had 2,000 yards of lace weight laying around. Alas, I don’t own any lace weight and don’t intend to. I bet this knits up quick on size 8s.

Gamine Tank by Cathy Carron…yay...umh...pst...between you and me....you’ll be seeing this on the needles by this weekend. Of course the fine print states that she is a 33” bust wearing the 38” which means were talking 5” of positive ease to keep those ribs from pulling in too tight. Oh but it’s lovely. And that big full collar! Mine Mine Mine!!!

Beach House Pullover by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark…can you say cozy? This sweater exemplifies what I think of as cozy. At first glance I thought it was a mohair blend but it’s alpaca giving it that soft halo. Fairy Godmother, if you’re listening…would you please knit this for me? Someone please show me something shinny to distract me and keep me from launching into five new sweaters, for the love of Pete! It's the only humane thing to do.
I’d give this issue two big thumbs up, and it’s a SUMMER ISSUE! Go Interweave!!!

2 comments:

ajc325 said...

Who doesn't love a shawl collar? I'm definitely queueing the Beach House Pullover...

Forgive me highb100d said...

Hello mate nnice post