Sunday, April 11, 2010

Traversing a weird tulip

Another Sunday afternoon, another new sweater. I remember the day I bought this yarn; it can hardly have been 2 years ago! But I found the receipt in with the yarn. Classic Elite Four Seasons Cotton Print in a sale basket outside of Northampton Wool in late September. I found enough of the natural with brown flecked colorway for a sweater. At $4 a skein it was a steal even though I had no idea what to do with it.

This morning I was reading the Spring Interweave Knits while I worked on the FLS (to the left, look at all that progress and it's only day 8!). While reading I saw the Transverse Cardigan. It looks like a perfect summer sweater. I'll be knitting the sleeves in the round (making it a tube and thus making it more like a sock!). Not certain how the "print" will look but it is stockinett so nothing to detract from. The yarn is 70% cotton and 30% wool but not bad on the hands. I’m intrigued by the side to side construction. So far so good.

And here are our Wedding Daffodils on year three. They’re multiplying each year and looks like a breath of fresh air every spring. And this is our first Tulip. I’m hoping the chipmunks didn’t eat them all this winter.

No comments: