Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Power Shoe Cozies

We have power! I’m human again with my computer on my lap sitting warmly in my living room. K&K opened their home and their hearts to us. They treated us like family for three days. I feel like we can not thank them enough.

Many including my office, still do not have power. There’s been talk of a “black Christmas” as some towns need to have the entire power system rebuilt. Thankfully we do not live in one of those towns. Nearly all the Christmas shopping has been done, anything that could be purchased online was.

And President Bush got a shoe thrown at him. How funny is that? I was surprised by his reflexes and then wondered what took the Secret Service so long to get in front of him. January 20th can’t come fast enough. Although I do feel a little empathy for the man. How must it feel knowing so many of your own people are counting the days until you’re gone? I’m sure when he dreamt of being President when he grew up that didn’t include being the least popular president.

Cozy’s are 70% finished. I have 6 of the 7 knit and just need to felt them. (Secretly I love the color work one, in the upper left corner and may not want to give that one away so it might need to be 8 cozies) I hope The Boyfriend got all the wine already so I can block them on actual wine bottles.

And in blanket news: here are 6 of the large squares. I'm really enjoying work on them. But still unable to attach more than four squares together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally got your power back! Lost mine again for a couple hours this morning but fortunately it was only temporary.