Sunday, September 28, 2008

When we last saw the Knitting Samurai...

she was battling her way through 2 Rndom Miles of stash yarn selected at random by you. While some yarns were quickly subdued and converted to FOs (finished objects)
216 was Cascade Lana Grande, in Purple
3 was a variegated acrylic yarn
243 was Berroco Nostalgia, in Magenta
195 was Lion brand Microspun in Yellow
9 was Berroco Zen, in a lime-green

Other yarns proved more resistant to the knitting transformation that awaited them.

177 is Shepherd Baby Wool, in an Orange Sherbet was just like the yellow microspun. It took forever to use up this yarn.

First I knit the Cat Bordhi Heart Seed Stitch booties.
.
.
Then it was a Meathead hat for charity.
.
.
Next it was Cat Bordhi’s Charlie’s Wiggle Room Booties (with two-tone heels and toes) and lastly it was the AMAZING Cisco hat!
.
That hat was so much fun to knit. I used double strands of sock yarn. The photos don’t do it justice. I’m knitting one for myself next.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
312 is Plymouth Indicita Alpaca, in Black shouted dressy, formal, male to me. So I designed the Distinguished Gentleman’s Neck Warmer with a certain Boyfriend in mind. I love the texture of the knitting and the feel of the yarn itself. Ok so maybe a certain Girlfreind will steal said Neck Warmer.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
13 is Cascade Pastaza, in Navy was destined to be hats. First I designed the waving hat, which fell somewhat short of expectations. Then I moved onto the Lilhammer hat which I adore and can not wait for a cold day to wear it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
245 is Berroco Sowftwist in Aliziarin/Red was a bit splitty but I did enjoy knitting the BU wrist warmers and the skein was finished off with this stylin’ camera case. Ok so it’s another type of cozy. In fact they both are cozies. I’m a cozy queen!!!


So yes I did successfully use up all nine yarns in the 2 Mile Random Challenge. You can see details on the other yarns here. Mileage wise, 3.69 miles were knit in September! I guess that’s what happens when a woman of leisure sets her mind to do some knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a LOT of knitting.

Love the baby hats!