Monday, January 12, 2009

First Christmas Gift for 2009

Here is the first completed 2009 Christmas Gift. I’m not going to tell you what it is, because the recipient often reads this. But I will say that if you’re on Ravelry and you can find the details here. Next gift, a cowl type object.

Want to hear my knitting blunder? I'll share it if you promise to laugh and point.

I bought a single skein of sock yarn. I was going to make ankle socks. The last pair of semi ankle socks used 228yards and they had 3” of cuff (now that I work at a yarn company determining yardage is second nature). So this 208 yard skein would be fine. Yeah it would, until I decided to throw cables on the foot to make it more ascetically pleasing. Here I am with ¾ of a sock done and only ½ a skein left (about 104 yards if you’re mathematically challenged). That’s definitely not enough to finish this sock and do a second. And on top of that, Webs no longer carries this color (I bought it at Thanksgiving with my birthday gift certificate form my In-laws, thank you again by the way). So now I’m in a mad rush to find some of Regia Stretch Color in color 86 Dye lot 67822. I know it’s a shot in the dark but if you have any of this yarn and could part with it let me know.

Later: I finished the sock and have enough left to make one (not even a pair) of baby socks. Talk about a total miscalculation. Hopefully I'll get some from a seller on Ravelry soon.

No comments: