Thursday, August 14, 2008

Farewell

Last night we said farewell to a friend. I didn’t realize how hard it would be. Of course I know how close we are and how important this group has become to each of us but I didn’t realize just how sad it would be as a piece of the pie is removed. While we wish our Katie K the best of luck in her future she will be missed.

Radio silence has been maintained in large part due to a killer cold. I did nothing but sleep for 36 hours (which means no work on the Vest). A piece of the cold still lingers but I’m hoping to annihilate the last of it today as I rest up for a weekend in the woods. The Boyfriend and I are heading to the great woods of Maine to stay in a cabin with friends. While it sounds fun, the prospect of no electricity for 3 days is somewhat disconcerting. I’ve packed plenty of stockinet for knitting by the campfire. The boyfriend informed me that I must not forget to pick up the makings for S’mores today, or the entire weekend will be a bust. I’m glad he has his priorities straight.

3 comments:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

I forgot you're already up in NH - I guess coming down to Fiber Revival in Newbury would be a bit out of the way... lol!

Anonymous said...

As a person who knows Stephanie better than anyone else, except maybe the "boyfriend" I have to say I can not even begin to imagine Stephanie in the woods for three days let alone her surviving without electricity!
I loved seeing the picture of the famous and wonderful group I have heard so very much about! I too echo all the best to Katie K and generally well wishes to the rest of the group! signed, The Mum