Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I ate lunch at Seattle Grace Hospital




OK, not really. But I was eating spanakopita at the building they show on Gray’s anatomy as the exterior of the hospital. It’s actually a shopping center across from the Space Needle, and all of the filming for the show is done in Los Angeles so no chance to see McSteamy or McDreamy.


I learned all of this on the Duck Tour, which is something I’ve always wanted to do and Seattle just happened to be the lucky city. I have can now say I’ve ridden a duck, and I truly enjoyed it. I had thought it would help me learn the lay of the land but it crossed back and forth so much I had no idea where I was, but it was a good time.


I saw the location of The Real World 7, the sports stadiums, Olympic Sculpture Park, the monorail, and Belltown. I had to walk through Belltown this morning which was sketchy to say the least. I’ll gladly take the monorail back to our swanky hotel.



Currently I’m sitting in the Space Needle writing this on the back of a map. Traveling alone is so different, so introspective. The view from here actually reminds me of the view from the top of a cruise ship. This is where I would typically ask The Boyfriend how tall these things are in comparison. Alas, he’s in a stuffy meeting.


Now I’m going to pull out the socks and knit a couple of rows, making this the most unusual place I’ve ever knit (previously it had been at a cat show).

No comments: