Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just Keep Going!

My computer has been the bane of my existence (honestly I feel a bit guilty saying that since are much worse things out there, so don’t pitty me too much). It’s been crawling along loaded down with pictures and obsolete programs. I do loves me some photos, as you may have noticed. Dad said to buy a massive external drive, 40 times the size of my computer to put archives on. I spent 4 hours moving things and now the computer is below 50% full and it’s flying along again! Yay!!!

While moving files I was knitting along on my Perrin socks. I finished them at 8:54 tonight. Just over a week after I dyed the yarn. That’s definitely a Sock-Toe-Bar record. I even did the picot crochet edging. I really enjoyed working with the yarn. It’s the Knit Picks Gloss, 70/30 wool silk blend. It definitely knit up well on size 2s. But really I’m ready to cast on for the next pair.
This weekend I visited the University, had girls weekend with Mum, Aunt, & Cousin, and of course hit the local yarn shop. I bought two skeins of Araucania Ranco, a denim blue variegated and a lime green variegated. I’m feeling a bit guilty since I already have two pairs worth of this yarn and bought more without ever knitting with it. I think that should be the next yarn on my needles. The Boyfriend says that the Lime color would look the best for cabled socks...

I just have to share these lovely photos of my mother and cousin. They were being thrilled by the messaging chairs at the mall and later as we giggled our hotel room, my little cousin decided to demonstrate her abilities to hop like a mermaid with a tail in one leg of her pants. On my way to meet the family I called Mum, below is a snip-it of the conversation, verbatim….

Me: Mum I’m Lost
Mum: Just Keep Going!
Me: But Mum you don’t know where I am.
Mum: Go past the intersection.
Me: Mum! I don’t even know the name of the hotel or if I’m on the right road, so how can you tell me to just keep going?!?!
Both: hysterical laughter

“Just keep going!” was our mantra the rest of the weekend.

No comments: