Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oww My Neck!

Owww my neck, owww my back, oww my neck, oww my shoulders! I spent 8 hours scraping, sanding, priming and painting the ceiling around the skylight in my bathroom yesterday. Turns out that when you slap some old white paint, lying around in the garage from who knows when, on top of chipping green paint, in a moist environment you get even more cracking, and flaking.

While I worked I listened to Robert Jordan’s The Great Hunt, which is a decent book. He doesn’t write as well as Steven King, but he has created a wonderful world that I can’t wait to get back to.

In fact the socks I cast on during the game the Monday night, are named Perrin after one of the main characters, but I digress.

I spent most of the day up on this ladder contorting myself and stretching to my fullest height to be able to reach the top. I was completely exhausted by the end of the day. But, of course I’m never too tired to knit.

I’ve cast on the other sock Perrin Sock for the Lace Cuff Anklets. They are flying by going toe up as I’m anxious to get past the heel into the detailed lace work and changing needle sizes.
I cast on 60 sts instead of the 56 in the pattern, that just seemed too small. I’m also going for 7” before starting the heel. The last pair of socks I did had an 8” foot before starting the toe (thanks Heather for pointing out that heels and toes should both be about 2” and are therefore interchangeable when measuring for toe up or cuff down). The 8” foot is a bit long. Maybe I’ll go for 7.5” since it’s not that long.

Do I have to paint again tomorrow???? The walls are all taped and it should be easier than the skylight and ceiling but I’m just too sore!



No comments: