Saturday, October 25, 2008

Planting Bulbs

I spent a couple hours planting bulbs for next early, mid and late spring. Why do we do this? I know it’s for the future prettiness but in the moment, all I could think was -this is eating away at my knitting time!!

Right now I’m working away on the Rocket Socket RPMs. I’m definitely going to finish these in time for Sock-toe-bar. Thursday night I watched the first disk of Freeks and Geeks (a late 90s tv show that lasted one season about a brother and sister in high school in 1980). It’s a cute show with Sweets from Bones as a 13 year old. He’s absolutely adorable. Anyway while I was watching that I cast on the Padded Footlets. I only have 200 yards so I’m hoping to have enough for two socks if I leave off the padded part. We’ll see how they go. I love the lace work on the top of the foot and had tried them before with some alpaca yarn which was too flimsy for useful socks.

Tonight we’re off to the best pizza shop in town and then home for the annual viewing of Johnny Depp’s Sleepy Hollow. Strange but we both love that movie.

No comments: